SUMMARY:quotas over /var/spool/mail

From: Antonia Gomez <antonia_at_fib.upc.es>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 13:22:12 +0100

My original question was:

> Hello!
>
> We have Digital Unix v4.0b and we have installed sendmail 8.8.8 .
> We have disk quotas in the advfs partition " /var/spool/mail", the
> quotas users are of 500k. The last patches installed is :
> duv40bas00005-19971009
> Our problem is that the quota in this partition works with any command
> (cp, vi ...) except when arrive a mail and the quota is exceeded. This
> mail isn't reject, so this quota is useless, the users can receive
> an indeterminate number of mails.
>
> Anybody can help me ? please.
>
> Thanks in advanced.

Thanks at:Todd Acheson, Dr. Tom Blinn, Steve VanDevender,
 Steven Johnson and George Marinos.

The correct answer was of George Marinos:

# cp /vmunix /vmunix.save
# dbx -k /vmunix
(dbx) patch AllowQuotaFailuresForRoot=1
(dbx) quit
#
In 4.0 root is exempt from quotas. In 3.2 it wasn't. Sendmail writes
in /v/s/m as root.

Thanks.