use of SONY SMO-540 or SMO-541 drive under 4.0B

From: <GRANDLE_at_acodbob.larc.nasa.gov>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 15:00:57 -0500 (EST)

Has anyone sucessfully integrated a SONY SMO-540
or SMO-541 drive as a scsi disk type device on Dec Unix
version 4.0B. The drive identifies itself as
an optical type device under genvmunix, but I
can not figure out which type of device to
make for it. RZ does not seem to work correctly
. I have looked into modifying the ddr.dbase, but
have no real idea what I am doing. I can get the
devices id information under scu if I set the
nexus information after starting scu, so the
device is functing. Any help would be
appreciated.

Bob Grandle