Summary Dupatch and Legato

From: <dthun_at_dwp.ci.la.ca.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 13:04:00 -0800

Thanks so much for the prompt replies:
Alan Davis
Kurt Carlson
Dr. Thomas P. Blinn,
John Becker
Paul Crittenden

Hope I didn't miss anyone, you guys are GREAT!!!

was checking on the patch level of his system. So curious I tried to find
out what level my system is at. Following suggestions in this post I
couldn't even find the DUPATCH utility, so I posted a message out to this
board and have received quite a few replies.
Also a note was made to check file /usr/var/adm/patch directory which in my
case I didn't have.

Solution: Summary, the dupatch utility comes with the patch

As for dupatch, if you don't have a /usr/var/adm/patch directory
on your system, then probably no one has installed any patches.

Dupatch comes with the patch kits, and url for patch kits is
     http://www.service.digital.com:8031/
Received 2 replies about Legato.

Can't help you with the patch thing, but I do use and very much like
Legato Networker. I find it very user friendly (you do have to play a
bit to become proficient) and very versatile (will do cross-platform
backups - Novell, NT, 95, various O/Ss, etc.). If I can help or answer
any questions, don't hesitate.

About using Legato Networker for backups. It's good for data
and incremental backups, but it is still necessary to have
dump or vdump backups of root, usr, var for disaster recovery.
We recommend making level 0 dumps of the system disks
on a monthly basis or anytime the system configuration changes.