autoresponders

From: Didier Godefroy <godefro_at_ibm.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 11:35:10 +0000

I'm still looking at the options available to setup autoresponders, many suggest
procmail but I found that slocal may be enough to handle what I need to
implement, I already have slocal on the system and if it does the job, then
there is no point installing procmail.
Could anyone give some pointers on how to get slocal setup for autoresponders?

What I need to do is to have several autoresponders, one per alias and the
incoming mail should still go to the pop mailbox as usual.

For example:
let's say that a user's regular e-mail address is bob_at_abcde.com and he has
aliases such as sales_at_abcde.com and support_at_abcde.com, each alias would have a
pop mailbox, so this user would get mail from these 3 pop mailboxes. So if this
user wants the 2 aliases to have autoresponders on them, what needs to be done
for slocal to handle that?

Of course I have already looked at the man page and even everything I could find
on .maildelivery, but I'm no farther with it, I need more practical examples and
less general info.

Can anyone help with that?

--
Didier Godefroy