KAIO: out of OS resources.

From: Mukesh Soni <MSONI_at_tuc.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 12:25:16 -0600

Hi Managers,

We have 4100 server, 4 CPU, 1.5 GB, running DU4.0B (including
Patches) / informix 7.23FCI / PeopleSoft 6.1

1. Informix suggests to use Kernel aio for better performance. But
when we use kernel aio, informix gives me error

KAIO: out of OS resources, errno = 35, pid = 13964

sysconfig command gives me following result.
# sysconfig -q kio
# kio : function not implemented

It is advertised that Digital Unix 4.0B supports kernel async io. We are
using advfs for filesystem, raw partitions for informix and raid 5.

#sysconfig -q rt
rt:
aio-max-num = 716
aio-task-max-num = 333
aio-max-percent = 1
aio-max-retry = 0
aio-retry-scale = 4
sigqueue-max-num = 64

I am in dark. I did not find anything in documentation. Any clue as to
which OS resources are getting exausted will be greatly appreciated.

I will post summary.

Thanks a lot.

Mukesh Soni
msoni_at_tuc.com