SUMMARY: Networker question

From: Morrison, Kathy D. <MORRIKD1_at_central.SSD.JHUAPL.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 17:21:02 -0500

First, Thanks so much to the following people for their speedy and
helpful replies!! :

Dr. Thomas P. Blinn tpblinn_at_acm.org
Knut Hellebų Knut.Hellebo_at_nho.hydro.com
Allan J. Simeone Allan.Simeone_at_rp-rorer.com
Rainer Wolf Rainer.Wolf_at_rz.uni-ulm.de
Jef JEF_at_bhe.com

The solution (that I haven't had a chance to try yet) is to either use
tar with a "p"` parameter to preserve permissions. Or use
the Networker "nwrecover" command from the new client and specify the
old client on the command line. For example:
nwrecover -s <networkerservername> -c <client_name>
 ( or use just plain
 "recover -s <networkerservername> -c <client_name>"

"In other words, run nwrecover from the system you want the files to be
restored to". Then, cd to the directory (filesystem) that you're
interested in , use the "relocate" command to direct the
recovered files where you want them(e.g., relocate /mnt), then
use the command "recover" to recover the files.

I'm recovering the files now via the Networker "recover" command and
they're being restored where I want them. Many thanks to the kind
people who responded to my somewhat desperate plea!!!

Kathy Morrison
morrison_at_apollo.jhuapl.edu