NFS funny

From: <michael.barton_at_bae.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 15:12:27 +0000

I'm sat on a SGi workstation mounting nfs disks from a DEC Alpha. The Dec
Alpha is expoting the
Filesystem to the 'world'.
I get the error
      'Server authentication error - Why = Server rejected credentials'
     NFS version 3 mount failed - trying NFS version 2
     mount giving up on '/diectory'

I can mount other nfs served disks from other DEC Alpha's and other
SUN's/SGI no problem, so I guess the problem does not lie with the SGi I'm
sat on.
But...
Another SGi next to my SGi can mount the above '/directory' without any
problem, so I guess the problem is not with the Dec Alpha running enough
daemons or knowing ip addresses/names.
It is not a subnet/routing problem either cos' there in the same subnet. !

Any pointers would be appreciated.