continuing disk problems

From: Darryl V. Pace <dpace_at_tacticsus.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 1998 09:32:30 -0500

Managers,
   I am having continuing disk problems. I am working with several
disks that
are hardware striped. The stripe appears to the operating system as one
huge
(24 Gig) disk. When I try to label or manually format the disk, for
certain
partitions, I get the following error:

disklabel: ioctl DIOCSDINFO: Open partition would move or shrink

For a couple of the partitions I do not get this error. By the way, I
am working
on OSF1 Version 4.0.

Does anyone have any ideas why this might happen?

Darryl