sendmail & m4

From: Didier Godefroy <godefro_at_ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 1998 11:43:33 +0000

Hi all,

I'm trying to find out if I can use the m4 utility already installed on my
system or install the latest gnu m4 v1.4, I have DU4.0b and need to update
sendmail to 8.8.8 but I'm not sure if I can use the m4 already installed, I used
it before to configure the old sendmail v5.65 that digital supports, it worked,
but will it work for 8.8.8, the readme files say that the m4 implementation on
DU4.x is broken, however, since I had the internet software (v3.2) installed on
the system, maybe the m4 was updated to a functionnal one, is there a way to get
the version of the installed one? Can I use it?

--
Didier Godefroy
mailto:dg_at_ulysium.net