Preservimg C2 passwords while installing new OS

From: Martin Mokrejs <mmokrejs_at_mail.natur.cuni.cz>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 1998 18:36:41 +0100 (MET)

Hello,
 I'd like to know if anyone tried to transfer protected database files
from 4.0B to 4.0D.

I do not want to run installupdate, I just want to install OS from
scratch, turn ENHANCED security on the new system, reboot, and in single
user mode re-copy(overwrite) some files in /tcb directory.

Is it possible?
What files should I preserverve and then what files will I need to
overwrite? Additional configuration needed?

Do I only need to preserve these files mentioned by `authck -a -v` ???

finding all entries in the local Protected Password database, /tcb/files/auth.db
finding all entries in the local Protected Password database, /var/tcb/files/auth.db
Checking format of files in Protected Password database /tcb/files/auth
Format of all Protected Password entries OK
Checking Protected Password against getprpwent()
Checking Protected Password against /etc/passwd
Checking Protected Password fields against those in /etc/passwd
Checking internal consistency of Protected Password fields
Checking format of Terminal Control database /etc/auth/system/ttys
Format of Terminal Control database OK
Checking all entries in the Terminal Control database

Checking all entries in the File Control database
Format of File Control database OK

I'd like to hear any suggestions, (un)succesfull attempts etc. ;-)
TIA
Martin
| Martin MOKREJS - Net&SysAdmin |
| PGP 5.0i key at: finger://mail.natur.cuni.cz/mmokrejs |
| mmokrejs_at_natur.cuni.cz Faculty of Science, The Charles University |
| tel.: +420-2-2195 2315 Albertov 6, PRAGUE 2, 128 43, Czech Republic |