Refresh monitor rate

From: Spalding, Steve <SSPALDIN_at_mem-ins.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 1998 15:24 -0600

Hi all!

I have an Alpha 4100 which is now running DU 4.0B which I am trying to
get CDE to work on, but whenever I let CDE come up, my monitor output
flips across the screen very fast making it unreadable. I usually just
run '/sbin/init.d/xlogin stop' which brings back a blue text screen to
use instead.

I've tried other monitors on the Alpha 4100, and they have worked fine.
I've also tried this one on our other Alpha, and it does the same thing.
We don't think that the monitor is bad because it will work fine with a
pc that is using Windows 95. Is there some sort of refresh rate setting
that can be modified?

Thanks!

Stephen Spalding
sspaldin_at_mem-ins.com