SUMMARY: sysconfigtab

From: Zehra Soysert <soysert_at_bornova.ege.edu.tr>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 14:18:02 +0300 (EET)

Hello Managers,

My original Question was :
-----------------------------
Recently, we applied patch duv40bas00006-19971216 to our Digital Unix
4.0b system, and after that Netscape Enterprise server began to produce
Forbidden message. From our early experience, we know that adding
vm: vm-mapentries=20000
to /etc/sysconfigtab solves this problem.
When sysconfigtab file is examined this entry is already there (we had put
it before, and it was working without problems).
But sysconfig -q vm shows that vm-mapentries=200

Whatever we add to /etc/sysconfigtab does not affect the system. (Altough
I reboot the system.) sysconfig -q shows default values for every
subsystem altough they are changed in /etc/sysconfigtab.

How can I solve this problem? This appeared after applying the patches.
Any hints will be greatly appreciated.

--------------------------------

Thanks to the following people for their responses:

"SIMEONE, Allan J." <Allan.SIMEONE_at_rp-rorer.com>
Emanuel Salazar <Emanuel.Salazar_at_MCI.Com>
Bill Antoniadis <sysadmin_at_bloodstockwww.com>

I applied the following solution as suggested by Allan J. Simeone , and my
problem is solved, but still, changes in the sysconfigtab are not
recognized by the system.
Anyway, system does not give forbidden message anymore..

Thanks..

------
this can also be set dynamically where a reboot is not needed by doing
the following...

# dbx -k /vmunix /dev/mem
(dbx) print vm_tune.vt_mapentries
200
(dbx) patch vm_tune.vt_mapentries=20000
20000
(dbx) quit

then when you do your sysconfig -q vm, you should see the change.

Allan