SUMMARY: CDE logout problem

From: Spalding, Steve <SSPALDIN_at_mem-ins.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 08:15 -0600

Thanks to those who responded:

MacDonell, Dennis
J. de Wit

Dennis suggested that I remove the $HOME/.dt directory and then have the
user log back in (the directory will be recreated at login time). He also
said that if that didn't work, then I should make sure that /usr/dt/bin
is in the user's path. I tried both of these, but unfortunately they
didn't work.

J. de Wit commented:

"Unfortunaly I can't help you except for telling you that we have
the same problem and that Digital couldn't help us (especially because
they don't have the sources of CDE). They advised us to restore a backup
!"

I think that what I'll try next is to remove X windows from the pc and
reinstalling it.

Stephen Spalding
sspaldin_at_mem-ins.com
Missouri Employers Mutual Insurance