Hitachi disks???

From: David Warren <warren_at_atmos.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 12:32:09 -0800 (PST)

We just received a bid for a raid system based on Hitachi 18 gig disks. All our
other disks come from other sources (fujitsu, segate etc). Has anyone used
hitachi disks? How are they? What is their repair policy (the bid just says
return to vendor). In short, are these OK, or should we ask if they will swap
them for something else?
The one thing I noticed on the spec sheet is that they only have 512k cache.

David Warren INTERNET: warren_at_atmos.washington.edu
(206) 543-0945 Fax: (206) 543-0308
University of Washington
Dept of Atmospheric Sciences, Box 351640
Seattle, WA 98195-1640
DECUS E-PUBS Library Committee representative
SeaLUG DECUS Chair