SUMMARY: How (if at all) does one use "getopts" with /bin/sh?

From: Mark Bartelt <mark_at_cita.utoronto.ca>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 08:36:37 -0500

Well, as is often the case, *that* one got solved quickly. Many
thanks to Paul A Sand <pas_at_unh.edu>, who suggested that setting
my BIN_SH environment variable to "xpg4" might make things work.
And that does it.

Also, as is often the case, the question could have been avoided
altogether with a bit more RTFM. I *did* RTFMpage for "getopts",
but it doesn't mention BIN_SH; I should have RTFMpage for /bin/sh
as well, where that environment variable is discussed. (It might
be nice if it were also mentioned in the "getopts" page.)

Anyway, thanks to Paul, and thanks in advance to all of you whose
replies haven't made it to my mailbox yet.

Mark Bartelt 416/978-5619
Canadian Institute for mark_at_cita.utoronto.ca
Theoretical Astrophysics http://www.cita.utoronto.ca/~mark

"Nur eine Waffel taugt!" -- Parsifal, in an Eggo commercial