Virtual hosting & DEC sendmail

From: Didier Godefroy <dg_at_ulysium.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 12:34:54 -0500

I am still debating if I'll keep using my v5.65 DEC supported sendmail or
compile the v8.8.8, I remember having troubles with the sendmail that came with
the internet software CD and had to revert to the v5.65 supported by DEC because
the 8.8.5 didn't work properly, I just noticed while looking in the existing
sendmail.cf file that the two first lines have this:

# UPDATE: This V8 compatible file uses V2 syntax
V2/Digital

that makes me wonder, if that .cf file is v8 compatible, could I reuse it if I
compiled the v8.8.8 sendmail and installed it without running the whole m4
configuration again? Could I expect to end up with the same configuration as it
is right now? It is very difficult to find out when informations apply or not
on a specific configuration of hardware and other local considerations, there
are so many things to read about but everything is very general, so how do we
really know when we have it all correct?

--
Didier Godefroy
mailto:dg_at_ulysium.net