[Summary] how to increase window length

From: Kiyoshi Yoda <yoda_at_ele.crl.melco.co.jp>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 12:35:38 +0900

My original question was:
> how can I increase the maximum length of a window ?
> In my machine, the maximum window length is set at 736.

I have received 3 replies from Valentin Nakov, Jerome M Berkman, Richard N. Frank.
Thanks, but due to my poor explanation, the reply was not to the point.
However, I have just solved the problem, after a few days' struggling.

In Digital UNIX 4.0a, the default window manager is dtwm, and the set up file is
/usr/dt/app-defaults/$LANG/Dtwm. Adding the following line to this file
made me happy.

Dtwm*limitResize: False

This lets the window maximum size as big as maximumMaximumSize.
The default maximumMaximumSize is twice larger than the pixel size
of the display resolution (such as 1024 x 768). The default limitResize option is
set True, thus we cannot make the window size larger than the display size.

Usually the above default is OK, but my application does not provide cursor control,
thereby requiring this change.

Best wishes,

--
Kiyoshi Yoda       yoda_at_ele.crl.melco.co.jp
Mitsubishi Electric Corp., Advanced Technology R&D Center