SUMMARY: Secure shell and C-2

From: <Eskil.Swahn_at_ldc.lu.se>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 14:25:38 +0100 (MET)

Hi!

I wanted to get ssh working with Enhanced Security and got some of it
working.

I downloaded 1.2.22 and installed that version. The configure script
aparently doesn't want C2-support support compiled in on a system not
running C2.

Thanks to the following people:
John P.Speno
Martin Mokrejs
Sergiusz Pawlowicz
Steve VanDevender
Biggerstaff, Craig T
Juha Suhonen

However I have still been able to get it to work perfectly with expiration
time. Setting that to zero which telnet handles as no expiration time
makes ssh claim it is expired, the only indication I have unfortunately
seen that it actually checks that field. It doesn't show the last
succesful/unsuccesful logins like telnet either.

And the last annoying thing I have noticed is that not even root seems to
be allowed to changed passwords without knowing the old one except from
the console. Running a system with almost 1400 users I don't want to have
to run to the machine every time a user forgets a password, so is there
any way to turn off that "feature"?

/Eskil

| Eskil Swahn |
| Eskil.Swahn_at_LDC.lu.se tfn +46 46 222 4986 |
| |
| |