How to avoid problems with CDE when changing IP?

From: Judith Reed <jreed_at_wukon.appliedtheory.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 1998 15:18:05 -0500

In the past I've seen problems with the CDE not coming up when you change
the IP addresses on a host. Usually some combination of removing .Xauthority
and rebooting resolves this, but I've never tracked down the cause of problem.

Tomorrow at 4:00 a.m. we are changing IPs of a number of systems. Does
anyone recognize this problem and if so can you tell me how to prevent it??

Many TIA!

--
Judith Reed
jreed_at_appliedtheory.com