curses, ocurses, ncurses?

From: Malcolm Dunnett <DUNNETT_at_mala.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 1998 19:34:29 -0800 (PST)

  One of our faculty came to me today saying he was having a problem
with curses ( DUnix 3.2g ). He says that a program which works
fine on Solaris does not work as expected on DUnix ( or Linux
for that matter). He believes that what is offered as "curses" on
DUnix is "ncurses" and that what he needs is the "older version" of
curses, which is available as "ocurses" on Solaris.

  Does this make sense. If this is indeed the case, is there a way to
link a program on DUnix to get the "old" behaviour?

Malcolm Dunnett Malaspina University-College Email: dunnett_at_mala.bc.ca
Computer Services Nanaimo, B.C. CANADA V9R 5S5 Tel: (250)755-8738