Virtual Memory Tuning

From: Hergert, John <John.Hergert_at_vw.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 12:14:20 -0500

Greetings -

Im trying to tune the VM on our DU4.0 boxes and am looking for some
detailed information on how the VM in DU4.0 works (beyond the sysadmin
books). Im confused by how the machine is running/reacting and would
appreciate knowing some theory. At this particular moment Im trying to
understand what causes a page to be counted as 'inactive'.

Ive been tuning big unix boxes for years, but this is my first exposure
to DU.

Thanks for any pointers

John Hergert