DEC UNIX 4.0D Upgrade Requirements

From: Mark Burrell <mark_at_adam.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 12:04:00 +0100

Hi all,

I've spent the last hour on the DEC UNIX site
(www.unix.digital.com) waing through tons of sugary
prose telling me how wonderful DEC is, and how marvelous
DU is... and now I feel quite sick.

All I want to know is this - I'm upgrading an AlphaServer 1000
running 3.2c up to 4.0d, what are the requirements for firmware
revisions, minimum specs., etc?

Any idea where to look for this info? (I went back as far
as last July in the alpha-osf-managers archives, but couldn't
find any references). Surely DEC have something useful written
somewhere on the web?

Cheers,

mark

--
Mark S. Burrell               ADAM and VADS Technical Officer
Historical and Critical Studies Dept.   Tel:+44(0)191 2273704