SUMMARY: Monospace fonts outside of DU

From: Maurer Felix, IP5 <maurerf_at_post.ch>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 12:37:49 +0200

The original question was:

How can I send report outside of DU (which is using monspace fonts),
especialy to Exchange, and keeping it readable.

My thanks goes to:

Sean McGlynn
Kurt A. Schumacher

who give hoppe again and pointed me to the required tools. With there
help I finaly found two differents solutions

1. Converting Text files to HTML

- Using a perl script called txt2html.pl (and adding default font
courier after the heading in this script)
- send the file as attachment in Mime format with mpack tool from the
DEC freeware CD
  (the file extension must be html)

2. Converting Text files to RTF

- Using a default RTF heading template(with courier definition) and
appending the text with an awk command ( like # df ¦awk '{printf "%s
\\par\n", $0}' > some_log_file ). The \par just means new line
- again send the file as attachment (file ext. RTF)

Felix Maurer
Die Post Tel: +41-31-338 98 49
Informatik POST Fax: +41-31-338 98 80
Messaging Management
Webergutstrasse 12 Mailto:maurerf_at_post.ch
CH-3030 Bern http://www.post.ch