Font selection problem with CDE

From: Rainer Geiges <geiges_at_kph.uni-mainz.de>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 16:59:44 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi folks,

I have scanned the archive concerning the following problem without
finding any clue. Therefore I hope someone from the list can help me:

Since short we have installed DU4.0b on some of our workstations. When
using the CDE desktop and trying to start some X-Applications like
emacs, Netscape or dxlsm we get the following (or similar) warning
messages:

Warning: Cannot convert string "-dt-interface
user-medium-r-normal-s*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*" to type FontStruct

Can anyone please tell me what this means, and how one can possibly fix
it!
Mit freundlichen Gruessen

R. Geiges

Inst. f. Kernphysik