Can I vrestore a backup to a UFS partition?

From: Pedro J. Lobo <pjlobo_at_euitt.upm.es>
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 1998 13:02:56 +0200 (MET DST)

Hello, managers.

I am about to repartition my machine (a DEC 2000 AXP 300), as the first
step to upgrade from 3.2c to 4.0d. I have two filesystems, / and /usr,
both with advfs.

I've had no problems having advfs on the root partition. However, due to
some comments I've seen on the list, I'd like to convert it to ufs. The
question is: how do I do it? A guess is vdump everithing, then
repartition, newfs the root partition and vrestore it. But, is it
possible? The vdump manual page says that the term "fileset" applies also
to ufs file systems, but I'd like to be sure.

Thanks in advance,

        Pedro.

Pedro José Lobo Perea Tel: +34 1 336 78 19
Centro de Cálculo Fax: +34 1 331 92 29
EUIT Telecomunicación - UPM e-mail: pjlobo_at_euitt.upm.es