size of a FORTRAN binary?

From: David Warren <warren_at_atmos.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 09:24:27 -0700 (PDT)

Does anyone know how to tell how much memory a FORTRAN binary is attempting to
allocate. The wonderful can not map main message is not much help when the user
claims it should only be 1.9 gig and the process limit is 4 gig. I would like to
be able to see what the binary really is trying to allocate. Then at least I can
tell the user to go back and look at his arrays again (maybe he stuck an extra 0
on each dimension etc.)

David Warren INTERNET: warren_at_atmos.washington.edu
(206) 543-0945 Fax: (206) 543-0308
University of Washington
Dept of Atmospheric Sciences, Box 351640
Seattle, WA 98195-1640
DECUS E-PUBS Library Committee representative
SeaLUG DECUS Chair