remote access

From: Tammy K. Baker <bakertk_at_Matty.hollins.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 10:01:20 -0400 (EDT)

        I am having problems with remote access to our DEC Alpha OSF/1
which is running digital unix. I have no problem logging onto the server
when I'm in front of it; however, after a sybase upgrade was performed on
the server, we have been unable to log in remotely (which is very
important) and the administrator is not available.

        If I attempt to log in remotely as a user other than root, I get

        Too many users logged on already
        Try again later

We are supposed to have unlimited users. I also tried logging in
remotely as root and got this message:

        Terminal is disabled

        I would greatly appreciate assistance in finding a way to turn
the remote access back on.

Thank you,

Tammy K. Baker, Fishburn Library
Hollins College, Roanoke VA