exabyte drive on alpha 8400 running DU 4.0B

From: Martina Thomas <mthomas_at_siebel.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 08:52:13 -0700

Hi,

I use an exabyte tape drive to save backups. It worked fine so far until
today. I get the error message "cannot open /dev/rmt0h: no such device or
address". Nothing on the system changed. I tried to make the device again
using MAKEDEV. The system still knows about the device when I check with
scu show edt, but it states "not present". Any ideas?

Thanks,
Martina Thomas