mixing different disks on same ba356 shelf

From: SIMEONE, Allan J. <Allan.SIMEONE_at_rp-rorer.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 15:47:14 -0400

Hello,

I would just like to check with the list about mixing different disks on
the same
ba356 shelf.

We have several ba356 shelfs with rz29b-vw disks. We just received 4
DS-RZ40-VA
disks. I have one complete open ba356 shelf. What I will do with the 4
new disks
is have 2 mirror sets and then stripe the 2 mirror sets.

I know it would be best to have each mirrored set with the mirrored disk
on a different shelf,
however, I'm hesitant to put 2 different kinds of disks on one shelf.
Any known problems
with putting different kinds of disk on one ba356 shelf? Would it be
best, in this
case, to put the 4 rz40's on the one open shelf I have? These are
going through HSZ50's,
DU 3.2g and DU 4.0b. Mainly will be used from the 3.2g system. The
disks will be mirrored and striped through the HSZ50.

thanks,
Allan