Disabling unused NFS

From: Adam Rice <adam_at_netvillage.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 11:58:41 +0100

I recently inherited responsibilities for a 3.2C system. I've noticed
that it's running nfsiod, even though it's not serving NFS for
anyone.

I'd like to know:
1) Is there anything else I should check to verify that NFS is not in
use besides /etc/exports (which contains no non-comment lines)?
2) Are there any side-effects to disabling NFS that I should be aware
of?
3) Is any other action needed besides modifying the init scripts to
disable starting the daemon?

Adam Rice