Fileset Quotas

From: Duncan Webbe <dwebbe_at_davidjones.com.au>
Date: Mon, 04 May 1998 15:30:07 +1000 (EST)

Dear group

As I understand it from the DU doco, disk usage quotas can be put in place
for a fileset.

This is very important to us as we don't want a 2GB fileset filling and
then taking room from the remainder of the, say, 30GB of the volume in
which it sits.

It seems I can only put quotas on the disk use of individual users or
groups, which is not what I want. In the DU "Guide to File System
Administration" there contains an example where edquota -gt is run and the
second line of the resulting output contains a line mentioning the setting
of a grace period for a FILESET (not a group or user, as I keep getting)
- this is exactly what I want.

Any ideas

Thanks

Duncan Webbe