Interactive vs noninteractive process

From: Spalding, Steve <SSPALDIN_at_mem-ins.com>
Date: Mon, 04 May 1998 08:57:33 -0500

Hello managers!

I'm trying to figure out a way to tell if a process that is being
executed is interactive or non-interactive; in particular, I'm trying to
do this in .profile. In other words, I want to be able to tell if a
user's process was started up by the user himself at his work station
(interactive) or by the system logging in as the user (non-interactive).

Can anyone give me some hints on where to get started with this?

Thanks!

Stephen Spalding
Associate System Administrator
Missouri Employers Mutual Insurance