RAID controllers

From: flashez <flashez_at_ultra.net.au>
Date: Mon, 04 May 1998 23:18:25 +1000

I'm looking for a RAID 0 compatible controller card for IDE drives. I don't run a network server so I'm not looking for hot swap or any fancy stuff. I will be using this card for video, at the moment I'm running an AMD K6 200 with a 4Gb IDE hard drive and its just not keeping up with the data rate when I capture video, so I've decided to go to an array. I will be using RAID 0 because I don't need a backup of the captured video and I certainly don't expect to see drive failure. I want it to connect to IDE drives because I'm not paying for SCSI drives. The controller can plug into SCSI 2 or PCI if you wish, and if you really have to I will except an ISA card. Can you recommend an appropriate card to me? Maybe a friend might know?

Thank you
Ron Smith