amd, AdvFS and DU

From: Giorgio Pastore <pastore_at_ts.infn.it>
Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 23:21:39 +0200

Hi there,

after perusal of the archives and after checking books and online doc, we got
convinced that amd should be the best way to implement automount features.
So we have downloaded the last version, compiled the sources without troubles
(well, actually we have got some troubles but only for the doc and info files),
and we are currently on the way of configuring the system.

However, there is something we have not been able to find in the doc:
is there any problem in using amd in connection with local or remote files
belonging to an AdvFS instead of UFS ? Is there any special warning about the
version of DU to run amd?

And finally, any hints, tips or pointers to amd tutorials or
sample configurations would be very welcome.

Thanks

Giorgio Pastore