Can my system handle this?

From: Eugene Chu <chu_at_musp0.jpl.nasa.gov>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 18:05:19 -0700

Hi Folks,

I'm running an Alphastation 250 4/266 with 256 MB RAM and about 20 GB
of disks. I need to run a training class for about 50 users who will
be logging in using X terminals (probably booting up from my system
as well as just logging in). They will be primarily using xterm or
dtterm to edit and compile C programs. Do you think this system can
support this volume of users? I'm used to running one or two large
applications that brings the system to a crawl, but these people will
be doing much simpler stuff.

Oh yes, I realize that I'll have to set one or more system parameters
to allow for more processes. Can someone tell me which ones they are on
a DUNIX 4.0B system?

thanks in advance.
eyc