Bug in Patch Kit#1 for UNIX4.0D (ADVFS and mmap)

From: Walker Steve <SWALKER_at_dsl.uk.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 13:57:39 +0100

Dear All,
Has any one else experienced the following problem;
On applying patch kit #1 for Unix 4.0D our processes which use memory
mapping via mmap call do not work any more if the mapped disk file is on
an ADVFS disk. The process locks up and becomes un-interruptable in the
mmap() call i.e. 'ps' gives a U status and the process name appears in
[]. We have traced this to patch kit 1 - everything works correctly if
it is removed or the target disk is a standard BSD file system - so
beware. I will be raising a call later on today to investigate further

Steve Walker
Senior Analyst
IBM Global Services, Farnborough
Tel 01252-805389