Odd mt -f /dev/rmt1h fsf 1 issue.

From: H. Blakely Williford <blakew_at_fullerbrush.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 1998 07:57:49 -0500

Hello Digital Unix World!

Last night while haveing problems with a vrestore I decided to switch to
another tape drive. The tape drive did the first save set restore with out
problems but when I needed to goto the next save set it wouldn't.

The way I normaly goto the next save set is with the "mt fsf 1" command.
Accoring to the mt man page it said mt [-f tape_device] command [count].
Well I did a "# mt -f /dev/rmt1h fsf 1" command and then did a "vrestore -i -f
/dev/rmt1h" and all I saw was the frist dump save set. Is there somthing I'm
not understanding about the mt man page?

Thank you for your time (Yes it was a late night).

--
H. Blakely Williford            | Men never do evil so completely & cheerfully
Systems Programer/Administrator | as when they do it with religious conviction.