[Summ]: Odd mt -f /dev/rmt1h fsf 1 issue

From: H. Blakely Williford <blakew_at_fullerbrush.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 1998 08:19:59 -0500

Thank you all for your time.

Well it sounds like mt isn't acting odd at all. It did just what I told it to
do. When I told it to use the rmt1h device it opened the device, went to the
the next save set. Closed the device and, sence it was not the non-rewind
device rewinded the tape.

I should have told it to use the non rewind device /dev/nrmt1h. It must take
the /dev/nrmt0h device by default. I've never seen this issue with just the
"mt fsf 1" command.

It was also suggested that I go home and get some rest; I've forwarded this to
my manager -- who has the interpersonal skills of Cligula (sp).

Alan Rollow - Dr.
Olle Eriksson
Kristin Larsen
Lombardi Emanuele

--
H. Blakely Williford            | Men never do evil so completely & cheerfully
Systems Programer/Administrator | as when they do it with religious conviction.