Backup Scripts / Single User Mode

From: Kevin Jones <joneskev_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 1998 10:35:19 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Managers

I am trying to construct a very simple script to backup all my file
systems using vdump. Obviously in order to get a good backup the system
should ideally be in single user mode.
Unfortunately putting a shutdown now or init s in a script kills the
script. Can anyone suggest a way around this, I would imagine that I
need to put a trap somewhere in the script.
If anyone can suggest a better way of getting a vdump, I am open to
suggestions.
Many Thanks in advance

Kevin Jones