Update (but no summary yet!): DU v4's libXt is missing a few things

From: Mark Bartelt <mark_at_cita.utoronto.ca>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 1998 14:06:28 -0400

[ me, earlier today ]

>> For now, I've (temporarily) replaced the v4 libXt stuff with the
>> ones from v3. But this seems like a bad hack.

And, it turns out, worse than I realized at first: It has the rather
unfortunate side-effect of preventing one from having a useful login
session on the console (I'd previously tried running the application
that needs those old v3 libXt routines via an rlogin session, DISPLAY
pointing back to my own machine), since apparently the window manager
(and/or the various things you can select from the session manager's
"Applications" menu) require some of the new routines that exist only
in the v4 libXt.

So I've restored the v4 libXt, but that means we're dead in the water
in terms of being able to run any applications that require old libXt
routines which no longer exist in the v4 libXt. So any help that any
of you might be able to offer would be greatly appreciated.

Mark Bartelt 416/978-5619
Canadian Institute for mark_at_cita.utoronto.ca
Theoretical Astrophysics http://www.cita.utoronto.ca/~mark

"Clothes not busy being worn are busy drying." -- Dylan, on laundry day
         [ singing "It's all right, ma (I'm only bleaching)" ]