DU v4's libXt is missing a few things

From: Mark Bartelt <mark_at_cita.utoronto.ca>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 1998 11:12:20 -0400

The version of libXt.{a,so} that's packaged with v4.0[bcd] of
Digital UNIX is missing some routines that were present in v3:

        _XtActionInitialize
        _XtInitErrorHandling
        _XtR3StringToKeysym
        _XtRegisterWindow
        _XtUnregisterWindow

This is a rather major nuisance for those of us who need to run
executables that we don't have source code for, and which won't
run if libXt.so doesn't have these things.

For now, I've (temporarily) replaced the v4 libXt stuff with the
ones from v3. But this seems like a bad hack.

Are these routines officially deprecated now? And if so, what's
the officially-sanctioned equivalent? (As I'm definitely not an
X11 wizard, I'd *love* to get a canned "old X routine xyz is now
replaced by new routine zyx, as follows:" sort of guide. If we
had that, it would be easy to cobble together an "oldXkludge.so"
that would solve our problem.)

Or, are these routines missing because of some oversight out in
DECland?

Mark Bartelt 416/978-5619
Canadian Institute for mark_at_cita.utoronto.ca
Theoretical Astrophysics http://www.cita.utoronto.ca/~mark

"Nur eine Waffel taugt!" -- Parsifal, in an Eggo commercial