SUMM: Problem with DU 4.0D patch kit 1

From: Michael Matthews <MichaelMatthews_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 13:36:18 -0400

Thanks to the following for their speedy responses:

Martin Moore (martin_at_alf.dec.com)
m.grau_at_kcc.state.ks.us
Martin Mokrejs (mmokrejs_at_natur.cuni.cz)
Amy E. Skowronek (amy_at_aloha.nascom.nasa.gov)
Susan Rodriguez (SUSROD_at_HBSI.COM)

... and there are probably others still coming in ...

There's a Baseline Analysis/Adjustment option in the patch kit which would
have worked, although I've received several nslookup binaries, and the patch
kit is installing now.

So, if you DO change system binaries, you can do the Baseline Analysis.
Installing into another directory tree such as /usr/local is also a good idea
(I didn't this time because I was lazy, basically).

-----
Michael Matthews, Systems Administrator/Resident Geek