Problem with NSR cleaning cart recognition

From: Stan Horwitz <stan_at_thunder.ocis.temple.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 12:04:03 -0400 (EDT)

Hello Alpha Gurus:

NSR 4.2c on a Alpha 2100 reports that the system's 15-slot jukebox must be
cleaned. The problem is that a cleaning cartridge is available. I tried
replacing the cleaning cartridge with a brand new cartridge, but these
messages still persist and prevent an inventory from being done of the
tapes in the jukebox slots.

This is a third party Breeze Hill jukebox and I have run through all the
diagnostics and initialization methods that're described in the thin
manual that was shipped with this tape drive. I have also tried turning
off the auto tape cleaning feature in NSR's media jukebox window, and
powered off and ond the jukebox and shut down/restarted nsr, but all to no
avail. I even tried loading the cleaning cartridge directly into the tape
device by hand instead of letting the robotic arm on the jukebox do it,
but that didn't do anything either. Does anyone have any suggestions on
how to fix this problem?