Protected password database

From: Jakrit Ruangkajorn <jruangka_at_MCS.VUW.AC.NZ>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 13:22:58 +1200 (NZST)

I posted a message a few days ago asking for a quick solution on how to
recover a corrupted /tcb/files/auth.db. I've just looked thru the system
guide and I got the impression from the security chapter that DU4.0B
updates both the database file and the separated user profiles (in
/tcb/files/auth/*/* and /var/tcb/files/auth/*/*) at the same time. I'd
like some confirmation on this because if it's true I could just rebuild
the database using a command like 'convauth'.

Thank you,
Jakrit