XDM: Cannot connect to terminal

From: Rohn Wood <rohn_at_selway.umt.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 16:54:54 -0600

Preliminary Caveat: I received this problem description second hand and
have not been able to gain access to the computer in question to verify
the error message--thus the text of the actual error may vary.

Problem: A user has reported that after a reboot of a DEC Station 3000
running DU4.0b any logon attempt from XDM results in a failure and the
message: Cannot connect to terminal (or possibly Terminal not found).

This is ringing bells, but I cannot put my finger on the cause of this.
Any insights are much appreciated.

Rohn Wood