X/install problem fixed, now no mouse!

From: William Bradford <mrbill_at_frenzy.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 20:47:40 -0500

Solved the install/X problem by swapping my Gateway 14" SVGA monitor for
my fiance's Sony Multiscan 100ES, it syncs up fine. Now, whenever the X-based
install starts, it starts X, starts the window manager, then pops up the dialog
box about new partitioning tables. HOwever, the mouse cursor changes to a
pointer, but wont move!

Its an original Microsoft "dove bar"-type mouse, marked "PS/2 Compatible Mouse"
on the bottom.. Works fine with AlphaLinux (as you can see, I'm typing and
working in X) and NT, but DU4 apparently ignores it or chooses not to work.

Any suggestions? I know y'all are probably getting tired of all these
questions.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford * mrbill_at_frenzy.com
"One World, One Web, One Program" - Microsoft Promotional Ad