Does NSR do encrypted backups?

From: Stan Horwitz <stan_at_thunder.ocis.temple.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 09:45:44 -0400 (EDT)

The subject of this message pretty much explains why I am sending this
message. We recently configured a NetWorker 4.4 server with Digital Unix
4.0b to backup some clients (nodes within a Digital Unix TruCluster). That
configuration is working nicely so we want to backup clients that are
outside the cluster to this same server now. We did this on a low use
system a couple of days ago and it too is working out well.

Before we proceed with integrating some of our heavily used DU 4.0
systems, we need to know if NSR provides for encrypted backups over
standard a TCP/IP network. The NSR documentation says nothing about
encryption. If NSR does not provide encryption, perhaps some of you can
recommend something instead of NSR that does encrypted backups over a
network. Our network is not secure enough that we feel comfortable
transmitting backups over it in unencrypted form.

Thank you