dxaccounts slowness

From: FTP Administrator <ftpadmin_at_ftp.cised.unina.it>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 17:35:10 +0200 (MET DST)

Hello,
I would like to know what program do you use to manage accounts on
machines with more than 5000 accounts.
Here at unina.it we have a Digital Unix v4.0d in Enhanced Security (C2)
and when we have to add a new account or change password we run
'dxaccounts'. The problem is that we have to wait **some minutes** before
the program is ready for interaction, I suppose because it has to create
one icon for every user accounted there (about 5000, as I said before).
Of course the system has enough CPU power... :-)

What program is recommended to be used in this case?

Thank you in advance

Massimo Gais
----
FTP Administrator                                        <ftpadmin_at_ftp.unina.it>
C.D.S. - University "Federico II" of Naples (Italy)
                          "640K ought to be enough for anybody."
                                           --  Bill Gates, 1981