After the upgrade (2)

From: Paul Crittenden <crittend_at_storm.simpson.edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 12:19:55 -0500

Here is some more info about the problem.

I discovered that the mkpasswd script, which came with expect, calls
yppasswd if it exists and passwd if yppasswd doesn't.

When I invoke yppasswd I get the "can't get domain" error.

Apparently NIS, which uses yppasswd, was set up on our system but I am
unaware why or if we need it. The /var/yp/src file was changed at 10:25
on Saturday which is when I was doing the upgrade. There are nolonger
any files in it.

So, why would I use NIS?

If I don't need it does it make sense to hardcode the script to use
passwd?

Paul Crittenden
Computer System Manager
Simpson College
e-mail: crittend_at_simpson.edu

Classified Ad:
Man wanted to work in dynamite factory. Must be willing to travel.