ASE Service not visable beyond router

From: John F. Harvey <jharvey_at_eccnet.eccnet.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 10:55:15 -0500 (EST)

Hi guys. I have acustomer with an 8400 Tru-cluster problem. When we first
put the system in it only had 10mb ethernet, so that's the way we set it
up. He now has new DE500 10/100 mb cards and wishes to upgrade. This
seemed like a simple enough thing so we did it.

Everything seemd to work ok, each system saw the other system and all the
ASE services came up and appeared to be working ok.

The problem arose when we tried to access the ASE services from beyond his
router. They were not visable from his external network. The systems are
each visable . i.e pingable or telnet access, but the ASE service is not.

We then had his networking people flush the cash of his router which
appeared to clear up the problem until he failed the service over to the
alternate machine. It then became invisable beyond the router again.

Does anyone have any ideas where I should be looking here or what could be
causing this?

Thanks

John F. Harvey
Sr. Sys. Engineer